Monday, October 12, 2009

A Love Crazy World

The World can be a totally messed up place. Wars are raging all over the show, crime is rampant, people have their own agendas, and so on and so forth. The news is filled with so many articles that show no promise. Murder, Rape, Muggings, etc. Have you even paged through a newspaper and tried to outnumber the articles that speak of the worlds cruelty, finding more good then bad? Its a mighty feat ;) go try it. Sure some people are thinking now "No, it's just South Africa that has so much wrong with it!" The rest of the world has its problems too, maybe not in such a huge ratio, but the world is full of cruel people.

I've never actually been one for preaching to people, I'm still far to shy and not knowledgeable enough to have the confidence to approach people and hope to get good results (which is lame I know :) If God wants to do work, God will do work!) This has been spoken about before, I know, but I was reading though my bible today during quiet time and a verse jumped out at me. Acts 2:40 - Then Peter continued preaching for a long time, strongly urging all his listeners, "Save yourselves from this crooked generation!"

If you can imagine looking into peoples hearts, their true feelings, how many people would simply have just given up? Or have a simple excuse? "We live in a cruel world, where it is tough to stand up for what should be believed in. I've given up, The world will judge me if I stand out. I don't fit in with the worlds agenda." A lot of people will argue that times have changed, this is modern day and leave the past to the past. Yes its true, this is modern day. Yet, Modern day is still full of cruel people, with a few really standing up for God. Has that olden day "cruel generation" really left? Not at all... The world was cruel then and it still is today! This doesn't mean we must act defeated, we need to seize what God has planned for each of us, just as Peter preached to all of his listeners, we need to save ourselves from this crooked generation, and save this crooked generation from itself. You might look pathetic in the worlds eyes, but you are so perfect in Gods eyes! People need to know it... because not many people do =/

It is really annoying that it is human nature to pick on the bad and overlook the good. There is so much good in this world that people fail to see (myself included :D). We are surrounded by Gods beauty EVERYWHERE! In the sky, on the earth, surrounded by Gods majestic creations (and a few lame "human" ones :P but thats besides the point.) While sitting behind my pc today a thunderstorm snuck out of nowhere, and it started hitting around my house a lot. It is just a small, fractional part of Gods awesomeness, and it was followed by beautiful rain and hail :) We all know that my favourite of God's non-animate creations is the moon, I don't really know why :S I just know that my God put it there as a minor detail to the universe, but he took the time to put it there. I bet the sun would hold a similar place in my heart if I didn't fear being blinded upon staring at it for too long :O haha

I know this must be utterly random coming from me of all people :P and I don't think it really made much sense -_- but it did in my head :P and that's all that matters. I had it all nicely planned out with conclusion and everything, but I got lost within my ramblings O_O so yeah. 

Anyways, one reason I blogged tonight was just to share that Crystal has gotten engaged! Not that you may know who she is :) just that she has added to the count of the total amount of peopke I know getting married or engaged this year O_O ITS CRAZY! That is now the 3rd person I know from school who is engaged! I just find it so encouraging :) The world may be stuffed up, but Love isn't. Love can outlast anything! It is just so awesome seeing these friends of mine committing - where the world says don't get married young, DIVORCE STATS ARE HIGH! Gods children say - stuff you world we were made for each other long before we were even born, and they are doing it :) Go ENGAGED AND MARRIED COUPLES! I can't wait to be ready for marriage :) one day...

Ok this is me ending this blog off NOW! Abruptly even :) I'm not going to talk about Amber like I said I was going to last night :P

P.S (she ahd to sneak in somehow :P) Ambers FB status tonight (in reference to finding out about Crystals engagement) was:

===============================================================
Amber Bamzombie Smith - everyone's getting married and engaged... *nervous laugh* no pressure now :P
===============================================================

Nervous laugh my ass... You're gonna marry me one day XD haha

1 comment:

  1. All things in good time - good being any time good for oneself, and one's significant other... :) One day, Hairyknees xD Don't die in the meantime though; saudades will pass...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
South Africa
BA English and Communication graduate. I like to write stuff!