Monday, May 23, 2011

Who Is Opening For Coldplay in South Africa?

That is the question of the day at the moment, or at least it is in my little head.

There are loads of great bands here in our very own South Africa. So much so that it seems impossible to choose a favourite (ok I know who mine is :P). Seeing as Coldplay are a band of enormous magnitude, surely they should have the right local band open for them?

A rumour just hit my ears that Parlotones are going to be opening for them. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them, I just don't see why people hype them up to be as great as they are made out to be (seriously unsure if any of that made sense.) I personally think their music has the same sort of sound across all of their songs, and I honestly feel that they shouldn't be the band to open for Coldplay. I put them in the same group of bands as Prime Circle, who I wouldn't really want to open either.

So who should open? These bands aren't as "great" (according to the general public I guess), but they are frikking awesome! (in my opinion as well as many others):

- Lonehill Estate (MY FAVOURITE LOCAL BAND WAAAAH!!!)
- The Arrows
- Desmond and the Tutu's
- Dear Reader
- etc

These are just some of my personal favourites, I'm sure I am missing many. I just can't think of many off the top of my head at this second. If Parlotones (or Prime circle for that matter) end up opening, then good for them... but I really hope it isn't them :x this is obviously just my own opinion, use it don't use it thats your choice.

As for the election results, ANC won the majority which was to be expected, but I must report that they lost support in LOTS of areas by a few percentage, whereas the DA improved significantly compared to the 2006 elections. Only time will tell what is to happen to this country, I just hope that it is great :)

1 comment:

  1. Lol - Desmond and the Tutu's - tooo funny! Who ever supports them will have to be as miserable as cold play are! - I know, they are very good, but also very miserable!

    Watching a programme called Bill Bailey and the Baboons on our BBC, all in the Cape - gorgeous country, I just hope they one day get their politics sorted out.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
South Africa
BA English and Communication graduate. I like to write stuff!