Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dear End of Year. Apporoach Swiftly!

TOP NEWS TOP NEWS!!! I called UJ today and.......................................

"Call back next week."

I have been calling UJ every week for like the past 6-8 weeks now and I have received the same answer every single week. It's positively driving me up the wall as I would like to just have a straight answer. Will I be studying next year or not?

Work seems to be going ok, but you have missed a lot of drama that happened with my boss about 3 weeks ago. I don't really feel like going into detail, but in a nutshell: I stood up for myself, I got into trouble, boss wanted to meet with me and tune me, boss cancelled meeting and hasn't rescheduled since, I haven't received my new salary. O_O I really would like to rage and flame on here, but I do too much of that already anyways.

My friends and I have discovered and awesome little cafe called Wolves. Every Thursday they get a local band to play an acoustic set, and hanging out there with a drink or two,washing down a meal in the company of friends, is really quite awesome. Anyways that aside, the owner of the cafe (or one of the owners... It's owned by a man and a lady. I think they are married?) approached me one evening and told me I had a look that she really wanted for a shoot that was coming up. I was rather taken aback as, well, that was random. She took my details and told me she would be in contact.

The shoot happened last Saturday and it was quite interesting. I was not the only person having their snap taken, but I was one of maybe around 8 or so which they took photos of in hour long slots. My time was 11:30 - 12:30. The shoot was quite random and interesting. Basically it was for a publishing company. What happened is that they had a paragraph from a book, or a scene, and they interpreted in many ways and "visualized" it differently for each model. The message basically is, we can all read the same book, but we can all have our own unique visual of it in our head. I don't know if that made sense to you, but it did to me :P anyways I thought it was quite cool, still trying to figure out where I can see some pics.

I can't wait for this year to be over. I just want a completely clean start. Its funny how even though you think you can deal with something, circumstances always change and you find yourself on the backfoot. Flip, I really want to moan in this blog, but I don't know... I don't think it will be helpful ^_^ oh well.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
South Africa
BA English and Communication graduate. I like to write stuff!