Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Sea Swallowed Up Two Unique Precious Stones

Thank God the week is over! I have not got any work tomorrow, and Monday is a public holiday, so long weekend here I come!

Something popped into my head today, but first off... MY WEEK! That old lady's smile turned my week upside down in ways thats I cannot understand. This whole week was fantastic in comparison to last. I sold a LOT of stuff this week. On top of that, I made sure to always have a good vibe coming out of me, I took note of all the smiling people around me, and the days just flew by in the blink of an eye. Seriously, this smiling thing is infectious. I haven't seen Amber all week, but it put a smile on my face when her status was Amber: :D *smiling* :D for a second I was like thats so weird, maybe she tracked down my blog :O but I reckon she has just been having a great week :)

So back to the thing I was talking about. It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how much training I have had, no matter how often I have promoted for the same company and know the insides and outs of my product, I will ALWAYS get customers that ask something that I may not be sure of, or ask the most random of questions. How is it possible when all I am selling is a printer? It prints, scans, copies and faxes. Thats the basic. Yet every customer has their own unique situation and they need to know if the printer will fit and support them. This just further proved in my head how unique you and I are. I can buy the same printer as you, and bar the fact that we will both be printing, we will be doing stuff in our own unique way. Maybe I will be printing a hell of a lot of documents, maybe I will just be using it to fax. You on the other hand may be printing out photos of all your family memories. This is a simple comparison, and don't get me wrong I know that some people will use the printer for the exact same thing. But imagine just how much variation and options you get from one printer?

Now lets bring this under the microscope for a second. We all have DNA which makes up and determines how we are, what we look like, etc. I am not going to go into numbers, but the variation and possibilities you get are INSANE. Everybody has been made so unique and they don't even realise it. There is no reason for us to sit and conform to society, because we are our own, we are unique. Thank God for that!

I don't really know if I got across what I wanted to in this blog, but hey it makes sense in my head :)

There is only one thing that has been getting me down so far this week, and mainly today. Amber and Gareth are probably the two closest non family people I have to me. Gareth being my best friend, and Amber being my ex girlfriend/close female friend/unofficial girlfriend (yes I know, it confuses me too :P) they both started going to the same college this year, and it has kept them insanely busy. Considering that I saw Gruff a hell of a lot because he worked for the same company and he had lots more free time to just hang out, and the fact that I used to see Amber during the week AND nearly every day on the weekend, seeing them barely once a week sucks =/ I see Gruff mainly at Youth on Friday nights, and I see Amber mostly on Thursdays evenings because she has Fridays off and spends most of her weekend doing college work. To take not one, but two of the closest people away from me at the same time is really sucky O_O I know its not their fault that they get dished out so much work (no really, its insane I would probably die and drop out!) but man I really miss them a lot! I guess all I can do is be supportive, which I am doing. I cant wait for them to be on holiday, I hope they get some breathing room.

In other news, this should be blog 19 or 20 out of my proposed 100 for the year. I need to have at least 25 by the end of March so I should be alright.

In OTHER news, the Soccer World Cup is nearly here O_O Its so scary to think that a few years ago when it was announced that we would be hosting it, it seemed ages away. But hell, its knocking on South Africa's front door already! I'm so excited :D I have tickets to two games thanks to my older sister. CANT WAIT!!! NGGGGH! *excited face*

I think that is enough of a ramble for today :) Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! (And Friday) :P

2 comments:

  1. I love your style of writing! Hope you have a good weekend (I have to work tomorrow - booo) and you are welcome to the world cup! hehehe

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOO! No no, Im meant to say YOU are welcome to the world cup :) I live in South Africa! So hope you plan on visiting :P Thank you so much for the compliment! I really really appreciate it :D

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
South Africa
BA English and Communication graduate. I like to write stuff!